So, what about this blog?
My name is Nicolas, I am 31 y.o., French, and living in Paris, in France. I am an engineer in IT, and photography is my hobby.
My favorites types of photography are landscape, long exposures (in the night or during the blue hour) and portraits.
You can contact me via the form bellow this post.
The name comes from what I like in photography : I often take my photos at night, when the lights of the city are warmer… I am trying to write in English to practice it, but as it is not my main language, if you see some fault here, don’t hesitate and post a comment!
In the past, I had:
- Canon Powershot A95 – broken, after 4 years of intensive use…
- Canon 450D – sold after 3 years of use, in order to get some new gears
- Canon EF-S 18-55mm IS – kit with the 450D
- tripod Vanguard Mk2 – light and reliable, but not for heavy gears…. So, good for the 450D but not anymore with my new gears.
For my bag, I have chosen a Lowepro SlingShot AW 200, which is comfortable, flexible, and very convenient when walking in the city. The only flaw I find in it is the lack of space for a bottle of water…. And it is getting hard to fit all my gears in it.
For the gears :
- Canon 5D Mk II
- Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8
- Samyang 14mm f/2.8 (full manual)
- Canon Speedlight 430 Ex II
- UV filters for the 50 and the 28-135
- Polarized filter for the 50mm
- Hood for the 50mm and the 28-135 (the Samyang 14 has one integrated)
- CF cards of 64Go and 16Go
- light diffuser for the flash (basic box diffuser)
- triggers (wired and wireless)
- A Blackrapid strap (very comfortable, and your camera will always be safe…)
- Grip with 2 batteries in it, and extra 1 battery
For the tripod, I have a Manfrotto MK294A4 with a D3RC2 3D head mount, and the blackrapid RC2 compatible plate.
For a fully mobile experience, I also have a TP Link TL-MR3040. What does a wifi access point do here ? It’s simple : with a little custom firmware, it allows you to run DSLR controller . This is a good way to control your camera via your Android phone, and get everything you need : settings, intervallometer, HDR with full control (how many photos, how many f-stops, …), but also a liveview feed (photo or video), a review, and the possibility to download your photos on your phone.
In addition, I also have :
- a Foca PF3 : an old film camera from a French brand (Foca), built in the 50’s, in a leather box.
- a Canon 3000N (film camera) with a 35-80mm (the lense is one of bad quality)
- a Canon 500N (film camera)
- a Rolleiflex, in its leather box, fully fonctionnal
I don’t know yet. Maybe I will get a new wide range lense (the 28-135 is not very good), or a 85mm f/1.8 prime lense.
You can contact me via the comments, or the form bellow: