First of all, I don’t want to be part of the Canon vs. Nikon war. For some reasons, I have started with Canon gears, and I am now used to it. There are many good things in both brands (and in the others as well), but when you start using a brand, it is difficult to switch to another brand after that.
So, here is (some of) my actual gears :
- Canon EOS 5D Mk II
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8
- Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
- Samyang 14mm f/2.8 (full manual lense)
- Canon Speedlight 430 EX II
- UV filters for both lenses, polarized filter for the 50
- a light diffuser for my flash
- a tripod, the Vanguard MK2 (too light for my heavy gears, now)
- a Blackrapid strap (very usefull, thx Johan )
In the past, I have had a Canon Powershot A95 (my first digital camera), and when it broke down, I took my first DSLR, a Canon 450D with a Canon EF-S 18-55mm lense. I also have some old cameras : a Foca PF3 (french brand of the 50’s), a Canon 3000N and a Canon 500N.
This time, the photo of the post is one I took with my 450D last summer. I called it “The lovers”. It has been taken in the Louvres, in the Napoleon courtyard.